Friday, January 28, 2011

Charmed, I'm sure

I'm watching Titanic with my parents. I don't know what is wrong them. I LOVE THIS MOVIE, but my mom is poking fun at the dialogue every chance she gets and my dad keeps going, "Are you ready to go back to Titanic, Eliza?" In imitation of Bill Paxton. OHMYGOSH the scene where Rose goes down to the third class deck and dances with Jack and she's all like I don't know the steps! And then he says, me neither just go with it and then they dance and then they fall in love and ooooooh gosh it's all so romantic and tragic at the same time.

Aaaaah I’ve been MIA from the blog world for what feels like too long! I think it’s only been a few days though. My laptop has decided to be a little bitch and stop working so I’ve been engaging in all my online activities on other people’s laptops, which isn’t exactly convenient so hence my not being able to blog.

Things have actually been pretty decent around here. I’ve been working a lot, despite the snowstorming and everything. You know, I can’t remember a winter when we had this much snow. I’m kind of scared actually. There’s this old abandoned gas station up by the ice cream store where I work, and since the snowplow doesn’t need to remove the snow there, it’s piled up like four feet high you can’t even see the entrance anymore. I almost died walking to work it was so deep on the sidewalks! I felt like Emmy Rossum In The Day After Tomorrow. Only I’m not skinny and pretty and I don’t think I’ll end up with Jake Gyllenhaal in the end.

Anyway, as I was saying, I've made great leaps this week. I've been following Marci's meal plan more faithfully than I ever have before- no snacks left out, no exchange left behind. This is serious people, I am making real steps to banish the binge eating for GOOD. The real secret to rising above the urges is twofold: First, I still let myself eat frozen yogurt and candy at the store, and just about every day too. Marci says people can still be healthy and eat sweets every day, which I think is awesome so I'm sticking to that notion. My second secret is Jane Austen novels. I've read them all before, but I find reading a book for the second or third time can be almost more rewarding than when you read it the first time. For instance, I am choosing to draw strength from the hidden characteristics in Fanny Price that I never noticed before. If you haven't read Mansfield Park, read it. It is possibly Austen's most undervalued novel. I guess I just feel like I've gotten fed up enough with constantly feeling powerless to overcome the eating disorder. Here's hopeing my efforts pay off, lord knows I've tried enough times to get back on track.

1 comment:

  1. Yay for following the MP. :)
    I watched Titanic too. I love that movie as well.
    I was wondering where you've been.

    ReplyDelete