Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Summer school

Last night I had my first Anthro class at Boston University. I'm taking a six week long Human Evolution course twice a week in the evenings. I'm super excited about it actually... we're going to cover genetics, primates, paleoanthropology, forensics, and human health and development as well. I'm a little nervous though because I don't really think of myself as a science person so I'm expecting the material to go way over my head.

Anyways, with all the stress and bad feelings about school last night, I was barely able to eat a full dinner during the twenty minute break we got around 7:00. I ate some peanut butter crackers from the vending machine, but that was about it. I starting looking around at all the other students and involuntarily racking up a list in my head of how many people are skinnier than I am, how many people who aren't. I felt terrible. It's the meanest thing ever. You know how when you feel self conscious and someone will tell you not to worry about it, that nobody is watching or looking at you as much as you think they are? Well, people try to tell me that all the time and I just can't believe them because it's what I do.

Tonight we have another exposure meal at program. We're ordering from this restaurant in Davis Square called Sound Bites. Should be fun. Not looking forward to gaining fifty pounds from all the pasta and pizza they'll make me eat but at least we're all in this together.

1 comment:

  1. You will not gain 50 lbs from eating it. That is not physically posible. You will go and enjoy the food. You are a good person. You are allowed to eat. You are allowed to be happy!

    ReplyDelete