Sunday, May 23, 2010

It's a little bit funny

So last night after dinner I cozied up on the couch to study and eat a blow pop when all of a sudden my cell phone rang. I hate it when my phone rings. Maybe it's just the ring tone (it's been set to the song London Calling by The Clash for almost two years) but for some reason whenever that little bastard starts blaring I freak out. I automatically assume one of the following: a) emergency- someone died b) forgot to do something or missed an appointment c) a friend wants to see me. Well last night it was c) and so I went out with my friend Sarah and we rented a movie. It sort of blew at first. I was really body conscious so I wore this super long toga-like sweatshirt that went down to my knees. I forgot how much I used to eat around Sarah in high school so when we got to her house she had already made me my own popcorn in a huge salad bowl. It was really sweet actually. She melted the butter herself and even put out parmesan cheese and m&m's to go with it. I felt insanely restrictive, which is not surprising because those urges are first and foremost lately, but sometimes you gotsta be polite and make your friends happy so I ate a respectable amount.

Here's the weird part... when I weighed myself at the gym today to see how much damage the popcorn had done, I was actually FIVE POUNDS lighter than the day before. Obviously this is a fluke. I mean it would be wonderful if I could lose five actual pounds in 24 hours but I'm pretty sure it's just water shifting around. Either that or someone snuck into my room last night and removed one of my internal organs...

2 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good time and didn't freak too much about the popcorn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe someone will sneak into my room while I'm sleeping and steal 10 lbs from me. That would be greatly appreciated!

    ReplyDelete