Sunday, October 3, 2010

Mope

As of October the 1st (couple of days ago), I have decided to slip into a permanent state of catatonic depression. The decision was a tough one to make... after all, it takes a lot of work to be depressed and there are many things you can't do anymore once you've committed to it. Here are some of them: No more singing, no more laughing (except cynical chuckling), no more listening to music (unless it is a pre-approved emo artist), no more bathing, no more reading fantasy novels, no more using my binoculars while driving, no more chocolate chips, no more dinosaur stickers, no more sunshine, no more happiness, no more hope. There are a bunch more but you get the idea.

My goal here is to try and stay gloomy as long as possible so that by the time things get less shitty I will feel that much better. Does this make sense? Don't answer that, actually. It makes sense to me.

On a more uplifting note, I may have landed a job! Disappointed but also galvanized by my rejection at Rosie's Bakery, I decided to apply to work at Angora, the ice cream shop next door to it. I got an e-mail from the manager saying that she had some shifts for me so I sent her my resume and cell phone number and now all we have to do is wait to hear back...

No comments:

Post a Comment