Man, I'm bored. I didn't end up having class yesteday so I guess the first one is next week instead, which means I have another seven days left to my own devices. At present I am the only one home because today is the first day of school for everyone else. Rachel is starting fifth grade, Jake's in his final year of High School, and my mom is teaching seventh and eighth grade English at her new job. Poor dad works all the time so today isn't really any different for him.
I came up with a list of things that are awesome and why. Just cuz it's nice to appreciate little things.
- my guinea pig, Georgia. Because she is like a miniture person with four legs and fur who you can play with and feed grapes.
- the previews right before the movie, because have you noticed that a good preview will make even the dumbest plot look intriguing?
- strawberry greek yogurt, because it's got 22 grams of protein and when you're feeling really pathetic you can pretend it's strawberry ice cream.
- driving on route 9 out to Natick, because you can roll down the window and stick your head out like a dog.
- the television show 24, because Jack Bauer is god and also my future husband. Also I enjoy violence. What can I say? Sometimes I think being raised a Quaker has backfired.
- coffee. no explanation needed.
- exercise. because if you do it in a non ED way like I'm trying to, it can feel fun and liberating.
- the Boston Globe crossword puzzles, because up until Thursday and Friday they are super easy and make people of average intelligence like me feel smart.
-ordering stuff online, because you don't have to go out and see people, plus when it arrives in a package you feel like you're getting a present :)
Hmmm... that's all for now I guess.